Music accompanies and graces the worship services and activities throughout the Olivet New Church community. The styles of music vary, and are as diverse as the types of service available. To learn more about the styles at our various services, please read about our Worship Services.
- Olivet Children’s Choir – This choir is open to all grade school age children from Sunday School and the Olivet School. The choir performs during church services three times a year. For more information about the program please contact us.
- Hymn Practices – Join us downstairs in the main hall (room 101) for hymn practice before our Sunday worship services on scheduled days. Attendance is not mandatory and drop-ins are welcome. Please check the calendar or chatterbox for our next practice date.
- We are blessed to have well-trained organists in our church community. Weekly we are spoiled by our accomplished organists and, occasionally, volunteers willing to share their musical talents with us.
- Casavant Frère Limitèe Organ – This organ was installed at Olivet New Church in 1958 by Casavant Frères, the largest pipe organ builder in the world. It was purchased when the new Olivet Church was built at 279 Burnhamthorpe Road in Etobicoke, prior to that the church was located on Elm Grove Avenue in Parkdale. It was a gift for the new building from Joseph and Edith Knight, long-time members of the church congregation. The organ itself was considered to be the most substantial the church could install at that time given the size of the chapel.
- Worship services and pageants provide many opportunities for instrumental groups and solo instruments. Anyone who plays at a professional or semi-professional level is welcome to contact us if interested in contributing to services. Vocal soloists are also welcome.